Web sites of interest in the Manchester-Shortsville community.
(Links open in a new window).
- Ontario County
website with a wealth of information and links
including county services for mental health, social services,
veterans services, transportation (CATS), property tax
information and more. Also Ontario County
Board of Elections (register to vote).
- Find child care -
Child & Family Resources, Inc. provides parents and
guardians with free, customized childcare referrals as well as
other services for parents, caregivers, and child care
providers in Ontario, Seneca and Yates counties.
- Elder care resources - Ontario County
Office for the Aging provides in-home services, case
management, home-delivered meals, community meals, caregiver
support including respite care, and free 911 cell phones for
- FLAG (Finger Lakes and Genesee) Heritage (www.flagheritage.org)
- a digital glimpse of some of the rare cultural offerings from
among the millions of images and documents preserved in various
archives in the Finger Lakes and Genesee River Valley regions of
New York State. Includes many historically significant locations
such as Palmyra, birthplace of the Latter Day Saints movement;
Rochester, whose famous residents have included George Eastman,
Susan B. Anthony, and Frederick Douglass; the Erie Canal and a
number of agricultural sites, art museums, colleges and
- Ontario County Historical Society (www.ochs.org)
- a membership-based non-profit organization that preserves and
promotes the early history of Western New York State.
- Lehigh Valley Railroad Historical Society Museum (www.lvrrhs.org)
- at 8 East High Street in Shortsville, chartered under the New
York State Department of Education in 1996 to preserve the
history, artifacts and memories of the Lehigh Valley and other
- Ontario County Genealogy Web (www.ontario.nygenweb.net)
is maintained by contributors who donate material and volunteer
their time to enrich this website for all Ontario County
- Ontario County Records and Archives (www.raims.com/home.html)
- from the Ontario County Historian
- New York State Census Records from the
York State Library
- Vital records from the National Center for Health
-where to write for copies of birth, death, marriage and divorce
records in any state.